Follow me on Twitter: @JohnHQuigley

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Side Effects Include…A Rare Opportunity for Pennsylvania


My latest post for the Kleinman Center for Energy Policy at the University of Pennsylvania discusses the development of rare earth element resources, which may be a big environmental and economic opportunity for Pennsylvania.

I worked on this issue with the U.S. Department of Energy when I was Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection. Among other things, I convened geologists from DEP and our sister agency DCNR - great public servants all - to see how the Commonwealth could support this important work from a technical standpoint.

There is significant potential here.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Explained in the post linked to: http://kleinmanenergy.upenn.edu/blog/2017/07/19/side-effects-include-rare-opportunity-pennsylvania

    ReplyDelete