Follow me on Twitter: @JohnHQuigley

Monday, September 29, 2014

Back to Princeton (personal)

I'm headed back to Princeton University today to discuss the technical and policy aspects of unconventional natural gas development in two separate talks.

At noon, I'll be presenting a lecture on "The Business Case for Sustainable Shale Gas Development" as part of The David Bradford Seminars in Science, Technology and Environmental Policy. The seminar is co-sponsored with the Princeton Environmental Institute.

Afterwards, I'll meet for a three-hour session with MPA students from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs and Ph.D. science and engineering students.  They're participating in an intensive workshop on state policy opportunities to reduce methane emissions from unconventional natural gas extraction in the US.  The students are working to identify best practices in state regulations overseeing hydraulic fracturing and to recommend policies appropriate for gubernatorial executive orders and principles for legislation.  

I'll be giving a lecture on hydraulic fracturing in Pennsylvania and suggesting a path forward to sustainability - embracing the methane issue and lots more - that greatly expands on my lunchtime topic. I'm looking forward to interacting with the students.


No comments:

Post a Comment