Follow me on Twitter: @JohnHQuigley

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Speaking to Valley Forge Chapter of SAF about energy extraction, environmental impact

I’ll be speaking at a meeting of the Valley Forge (PA) Chapter of the Society of American Foresters this evening in Downingtown, PA.  My topic is "Energy Development in Penn's Woods."  

I'll discuss how the forests of Pennsylvania are being altered by energy development - with a particular emphasis on shale gas extraction.  I'll talk about what we know - and don't know - about what’s happening to wildlife as the result of these changes, and other environmental concerns. I'll also discuss the state of shale gas development on Pennsylvania's public lands.

I spoke to this great group of professionals years ago during my DCNR days about work that I led on sustainable wind energy development. I’m looking forward to being with them again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment